Monday 30 August 2010

A fat burn

Monday 23/08/2010

Okay so after riding with the Zappi guys there was some new knowledge in the Edward camp about fat burn. Apparently after a long ride in the cardio range a fat burn "easy ride" the day after is called for. This will teach your body to burn fat for energy more effectively on your longer rides. No, I haven't read up on it but after nearly 3 hours with a heart rate average of 160bpm an easy ride sounded just the ticket so I figured it wouldn't hurt, also I ran the theory by my two doctor friends and they didn't pull any funny faces which was a good enough indication to me the this easy ride theory could be true.

Anyway I headed out from Headington, towards Frilford Heath and toured around some familar ground,

You'll notice in the stats this was an easy ride, missing the hert rate data stupidly as that's how we all know we're in the fat burn range, bugger, anyway rest assured I took it easy.








No comments:

Post a Comment