Saturday 21 August 2010



The guys at Zappi's cafe meet at 9am on a Saturday for their weekly ride. It's open to anyone so I figured, go along see what happens. It's doesn't take long for you to realise that these guys take their cycling seriously and that Carbon is the only thing to be seen on.


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=160638561340


They set off in two groups, the fast group and the "slow" group, or as was pointed out the crazy people and those with sense. Well I like to think I have a little sense so I went with the "slow" group.  


Now the data is a little out because I managed to stop the timer on the GPS for the fastest section, a 20 minute descent from white horse, nuts, but here's what was salvaged.



The total ride was approx 44miles and it was tough! As you can see from my heart rate below, my body got a bit of a beating 



Had a really good ride though and with some lovely people. It was a first time for me, riding in a group so hand signals, drafting and group positioning all had to be picked up pretty fast. The guys had a great sense pace and when I was at my limits so many thanks to them for their consideration, just hope I wasn't too much of a dead weight :)

Then it was back to Zappi's for an Americano, the best Americano you're lightly to come across.  



No comments:

Post a Comment